ASUS has announced its first 19″ wide-screen LCD monitor , the PW191, which incorporates an innovative pivot neck design to enable both landscape and portrait viewing angles.
The monitor is designed to appeal to gamers and businesses alike, with its low 3-8ms pixel response rate and its aliminium pivot neck that enables easy adjustment of viewing angles, tilt angle and height most suitable for different sitting positions.
The PW191 features Asus’s own SPLENDID technology evaluates each pixel in every frame and adjusts them in smaller regions without affecting the whole picture. Color, brightness, contrast and sharpness in each region are dynamically optimized according to conditions most favorable to the human eye. It offers five modes and three skin tones to satisfy the specific needs in various graphics functions.
The panels feature a dead pixel warranty as well, Even if one bright dot is found, users can exchange for a new panel within one year of purchase. The recommended retail price is $699 inc GST.
– 19″ wide screen (16:10) anti-reflection glare type LCD panel
– 1440 x 900 high resolution
– Support both DVI-D and D-SUB inputs
– Two built-in 2W stereo speakers
– Touch sensor buttons design
– User friendly On-Screen Display (OSD) for advanced adjustment
– Flexible tilting angles and height adjustment
– Portrait and landscape viewing options
– Supports VESA 100 x 100 wall mount
– KENSINGTON security lock and headphone jack
– 3-year system and panel warranty