Canon has added two new consumer scanners to its line-up, promising users sleek compact designs, high performance, and quality scanning.
Click to enlarge
Features of the Canon CS8800F include:
- White LED scanning for high brightness scanning
- 4800 x 9600dpi optical resolution with 48 bit depth provides excellent image quality
- Automatic dust & scratch, fading, graininess and backlight correction technology
- Moving backlight film adapter unit ensures higher quality scans without sacrificing speed
- The built-in film adapter unit can scan up to 12 frames of 35mm filmstrip in a single pass, 4 mounted 35mm slides, and medium format film up to 6 x 22cm
- Continuous scanning of up to 2 rows of 35mm filmstrip or 4 mounted slides, and medium format film up to 6 x 22cm
- Ultra-fast book scanning at 7 seconds
The second in the new line up is th Canon LiDE 90, which despite its small profile, Canon claims, provides high-speed scanning in one of the smallest units available, leaving more desk space.
Click to enlarge
Features of the Canon LiDE 90 include:
- High quality scanning up to 2400x4800dpi high resolution and 48 bit superior gradation
- One-touch buttons automatically create a image file, PDF file, a colour copy, or an email attachment in one easy step
- Scan multiple photos at once using Multi-Scan mode. Single-pass multi-scan automatically aligns, scans and names each image as a separate file
- Restore old photos with FARE level 3 software – reduces dust and scratches as well as correcting backlighting, fading and graininess
- Single USB lead transfers data and provides power keeping your desk clutter free
- Fast book scanning at 14 seconds
Pricing and Availability
The Canon 8800F and the LiDE 90 will be available through Canon dealers nationally starting mid-September and will cost $349 and $149 respectively.