D-Link ANZ has brought its DWL-8710AP outdoor dual-band wireless AC1200 access point, designed for small-to-medium business or enterprise environments, to the local market.The DWL-8710AP, sporting a weatherproof IP67-rated plenum housing, supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), and is decked out with dual gigabit LAN ports, while a detachable antenna design provides for flexible configurations.
Designed to be centrally managed by a wireless controller, it also supports both standalone operation as well as operation within a cluster.
“Boasting next-generation connectivity, blazing speeds and advanced management tools, this new wireless access point from D-Link provides IT and network administrators with smooth and stable Wi-Fi performance in every environment,” D-Link states.
“Featuring powerful central processing units (CPUs), beamforming for greater coverage and enhanced band steering for managing traffic, the versatile DWL-8710AP integrates seamlessly into existing network
infrastructure and can be easily scaled to meet future demands.”
The DWL-8710AP includes dual-band support for 802.11ac devices, while all network interfaces are protected against electrical surges, with it “designed to offer reliable Wi-Fi service even whilst withstanding harsh weather conditions”.
It provides maximum wireless signal rates of up to 300 Mbps over the 2.4 GHz band and 867 Mbps over the 5 GHz band.
Priced at $1,399.95 RRP, further information on the DWL-8710AP can be found here.
– Next-generation connectivity – designed for small-to-medium businesses right the way up to enterprises, with dual-band support for 802.11ac devices and over 1 Gbps combined speed for reliable connections.
– Versatile management – simplify access point deployment with a self-configuring cluster mode and RF resource management for detecting weak signal strength.
– Wi-Fi multimedia support – prioritises time-sensitive traffic in the event of a network data congestion; when multiple access points are in close proximity, the access points will refuse new association requests once its resources are fully utilised, ensuring no single AP is overburdened by balancing traffic.
– Unparalleled performance – smooth and stable performance with a powerful CPU, beamforming for greater coverage and band steering for managing traffic.
– Lifetime limited warranty – D-Link offers a lifetime limited warranty on the DWL-8710AP.
– Supports up to 32 virtual access points – provides administrators with the flexibility to easily assign access to different classes of users.
– Flexible Wi-Fi QoS schemes – offers controlled and balanced quality of service access based off flexible policies.
– Power over Ethernet – PoE simplifies and expands installation options, with no supplemental power cabling required.