KR Audio’s baby integrated valve amplifier has made its way to Australian shores.
KR Audio’s VA900 uses four KT120 valves that are capable of delivering 80 watts per stereo channel from a push-pull arrangement.
It’s an unusual looking amplifier that is dominated by a removable metallic grill, is equipped with four RCA inputs and comes with a remote control.
The company attributes the VA900’s high quality finish to “their refusal to submit to product line process work and use of artisan craftspeople.”
Interested customers can organise a demonstration in either the Sydney or Melbourne showrooms, or partake in an in-home trial, but don’t let its ‘baby Kronzilla’ nickname deceive you because it comes with a very mature $6,995 price tag.
Specifications (as per press release):
· Power Valves: 4x KT120
· Output Stage: Push-Pull Ultra-Linear Class AB1
· Output Power: 2x 80 WRMS (THD=1%)
· Output Impedance: 4, 8 Ohms (Selectable)
· Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (-1dB)
· Driver stage: MOSFET Class A
· Remote Control: Volume, channel selector and stand-by
· Inputs: 4x line-in RCA
· Weight: 20kg (Approx.)
· Dimensions including projecting parts and controls (W x H x D): 38.5 x 24.5 x 41.5cm (Approx.)