Liquifi, a company who claims they’re responsible for the “original waterproof TV”, has released another TV series that doubles as a mirror when turned off.
Click to enlarge
Most television manufacturers focus on their set’s specifications, drowning the average consumer in a pit of jargon. Liquifi operate on the other end of the spectrum with their lifestyle TV range promoting aesthetics.
For starters, the TV’s frame is custom built from a range of various Italian options, one of which is 22k gold. Additionally customers have the option of in-built speakers or speakers mounted on to the ceiling.
“You select the frame style to suit your taste, interior style and d_cor,” it says on the company’s spec sheet.
Another example is the mirror finishing which contributes to household aesthetics when the TV is off.
It still is a Full HD (1920×1080) LED backlit television with panels made by Samsung and LG. Although its contrast is on the weak end 4,000:1.
Liquifi Televisions are only available to order online and have a starting price tag of $3,499.
Click over for specs
Here’s a list of the specifications just as the company prioritises them:
The key features for the Framed Mirror HD TV are:
· Hand made & assembled here in Australia.
· Custom built frames
· Typically 1 of 1’s, with “signature series authenticity label”.
· Framed materials are top class quality, imported from North America
· Gold selected frames are real 22k gold.
· The vanishing mirror design is the latest fashion trend for the high-end market but Liquifi has built these so they are affordable for everyone.
· Samsung & LG LED panel are energy saving and eco-friendly.
· Full HD resolution. 1920 x 1080.
· Wide viewing angle 178 x 178 degrees.
· Extremely high brightness 500 cd/m2.
· High contrast 4000:1.
· DVB-T, digital TV system with MPEG-4 video codec, which ensures the TV can receive Full DVB-T HD TV programs (Australian Standard)
· RS232 and external IR available, which ensure the TV can be easily connected with the Smart Home Systems (CBUS)
· Slim design, and surface mount installation, which ensures easy installation
· Back box & mounting hardware included (typically this an additional expense that you have to buy when installing a normal TV)
· Multiple input source types (HDMI, S-Video, RCA, VGA) ensures compatibility with most devices (including Foxtel, Foxtel IQ/IQ2, TiVo, Apple TV)