Netgear has added to its business 802.11ac wireless product portfolio, introducing the ProSAFE Premium 802.11ac 4×4 Wave 2 Wireless Access Point (WAC740).Netgear states that the controller-managed WAC740 “delivers high performance with maximum client density for enterprises and organisations requiring ubiquitous and reliable wireless for all business applications, especially seamless video streaming”.
Based on Wave 2 802.11ac Wi-Fi, it operates with MU-MIMO, delivering “more efficient use of RF spectrum frequency and capacity”, capable of achieving combined throughput up to 2.3 Gbps, 600 Mbps for the 2.4 GHz channel and 1.7 Gbps at 5 GHz.
Netgear states that Wave 2 802.11ac Wi-Fi also provides “more robust signal encoding for improved signal integrity, and supports a fourth data stream for greater performance and more reliable wireless coverage”.
The WAC740 comes with integrated 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) support or a power adaptor as an accessory, with it capable of operating either with two bonded 1G Ethernet connections or with its single multi-gigabit 2.5G Ethernet port, which when connected to a 2.5 Gbps-capable switch “allows the Wi-Fi to reach its full potential through a single wire”.
“This solution eliminates the bottlenecks associated with standard gigabit Ethernet, where the throughput is capped at 1 Gbps with a single port – thus allowing easier wiring installation while still achieving high performance,” Netgear states.
Up to 600 WAC740 access points can be configured and centrally managed through a single management dashboard, with a selection of Netgear wireless controllers for small to mid-size to large-size deployments.
“Our customers are looking for ultra-robust, reliable wireless solutions that leverage the improved performance enabled by the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology, and which make it easy for them to add more users to their networks quickly and in denser deployment scenarios,” Richard Jonker, Netgear vice president of product line management for SMB products, commented.
“Resellers and systems integrators who are searching for cost-effective solutions for their business customers will especially appreciate the overall value offered by our ProSAFE WAC740 Wave 2 Wi-Fi Access Point in terms of performance, scalability, reliability, easy management and warranty coverage.”
Priced at $1,299 RRP, the WAC740 will be available from mid-November.
Further information can be found here.
– Premium business-class access point with 802.11ac performance (up to 2.3 Gbps)
– Reliable wireless coverage with four streams of data based on 4×4 (transmit and receive) optimised internal antennas
– MU-MIMO technology enabling maximum client density deployments
– Easy centralised management for multiple access points via Netgear wireless controllers (WC7500, WC7600, WC9500)
– Powered by industry standard 802.3at (PoE+) or DC power inputs
– Multi-gigabit connectivity (2.5 Gbps) allows a single wired connection to a multi-gigabit switch for ease of installation
– Internal or external antennas option for flexible deployment
– Netgear ProSAFE lifetime hardware warranty, lifetime next business day shipping for part replacement and lifetime technical support via online chat where available