An updated version of Windows Live OneCare has been made available from Microsoft – the all-in-one, automated PC care solution is designed to provide consumers and small businesses with an easy way to maintain the security and performance of their PCs.
According to Microsoft, the latest version of OneCare offers:
· Centralised backup, enabling users to centrally configure and monitor backups for all PCs covered under the same Windows Live OneCare subscription, with the data from all the PCs backed up to a central location;
· Simple, one-click issue reporting and resolution across the home or small business network, helping eliminate the need to visit individual PCs covered by the Windows Live OneCare subscription to monitor their security;
· Printer-sharing support, making it easy to connect printers to local networks so all computers covered by the Windows Live OneCare subscription, and connected to the same local network, can share printers;
· Enhanced monthly reports, summarizing key actions that Windows Live OneCare has performed in the past month, as well as activities and recommended actions for each PC in the local network;
· Online photo backup, which keeps precious photos safe from theft or accidental loss by backing them up to an off-site location in Windows Live Folders (available at an extra cost).