Plantronics’ Voyager 5200 Bluetooth headset, designed for professionals who are on-the-go, is now available in the Australian market.The Voyager 5200 features Plantronics’ WindSmart technology, ensuring “extraordinary wind and noise reduction”.
“Plantronics’ exclusive WindSmart technology provides industry-leading wind and noise reduction by incorporating six layers of technology to combat the entire noise ecosystem,” Plantronics states.
“The aerodynamic boom on the Voyager 5200 lets wind slide past without creating turbulence. The boom’s windscreen acts as the first layer of protection for the mics, and then each mic is further sheltered in a ‘wind box’. Four omni-directional mics and a proprietary wind-cancelling algorithm keeps the mics focused on the wearer’s voice and removes disruptive noise.”
The Voyager 5200 has been designed for stability and comfort on a wide range of ear shapes and sizes, with Plantronics stating that it will fit 90 per cent of people, and delivers up to seven hours of talk time on a single charge, with up to nine days in standby mode.
A multi-purpose charging case is sold separately, serving as a grab-and-go dock for recharging and a
protective case, providing up to an additional 14 hours of talk time on-the-go.
The Voyager 5200 UC, meanwhile, includes a charging case and the BT600 Class 1 USB Bluetooth adaptor.
The Voyager 5200 is priced at $179.99 SRP, with the accompanying charging case $59.99 SRP. Further information can be found here.
– Easy-access, multi-function button provides for muting a call with a single touch, allowing for quick access to Siri and other smartphone virtual personal assistants when the headset is idle.
– Extended Class 1 Bluetooth range can control up to two connected smartphones or tablets from up to 30 metres away.
– Responsive smart sensor technology intuitively routes call audio to the user’s phone or headset, pauses media or rejects an incoming call when removed, and automatically answers calls when the headset is placed on the user’s ear.
– Spill, splash and sweat-proof, with P2i nano-coating providing for use in light rain.
– Voice commands and audio alerts provide for use of voice to answer or ignore calls, with whispered alerts providing the name of incoming callers, updates on battery level and connection status. Voice control for smartphone assistants such as Siri can be activated with a touch of a button.
– Plantronics Hub smartphone app for iOS and Android provides for smartphone management, customisation and control of the Voyager 5200.