Fuji Xerox has released a heavy-duty laser printer that comes with a 500MHz processor , which makes it capable of printing jobs with complex graphics and images.
Click to enlarge
This printer was singled out by the Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI), the world’s leading independent tester of document imaging products as the Spring 2008 “Pick” award.
The Phaser 5550 has the ability to print on the widest range of custom media sizes from postcards to tabloid sizes. It offers advanced printing features for collation, booklet making and edge-to-edge printing.
Automatic two sided printing module
- Produces up to 50 pages per minute
- First page out time of 6.5 seconds
- Print resolution at 1200 x 1200dpi
- Smart duplexing
- Direct PDF printing
- Optional 3,500 sheet finisher for staple/hole punch with stacker
- Duty cycle of 300,000 pages/month
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet Connectivity
- Supports SSL/HTTPS, SMTP authentication and Citrix environments
- Environmentally friendly emulsion aggregation high grade toner
The Phaser 5550 comes with the CentreWare Internet Service, which allows a system administrator to manage a fleet of printers remotely through a browser-based setup. It also can send email alerts that notify administrators of common occurrences, such as low toner levels, before it impacts on a company’s productivity.